La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Prepares and bakes cakes, cookies, pies, custards, and desserts by performing the following duties.
- Assist Pastry Chef in all areas of culinary operations.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work areas organized, clean and sanitary.
- Assist in purchasing, quality control and discipline in all areas of kitchen operation.
- Daily follow-up on all product freshness, rotation and organization.
- Communicate all safety and sanitation policies through daily dialogue with all hourly staff.
- Develop and challenge existing processes of standardization with focus on expense control and quality.
- Develop dessert menus for restaurant revisions.
- Develop pastry displays for holiday buffets.
- Challenge existing pastry products to improve on cost, quality, and consistency.
- Train new and current employees.
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff.
- Evaluate production changes and/or bread changes that need to be made due to Pop Ups / Revisions / Change Log. Make necessary changes to production list and contact bread vendors with revisions.
- Take daily inventory of items and order what is needed from Food Storeroom
Minimum of 3 years in high volume environment in a hotel or resort setting.
Software Powered by iCIMS