Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the day to day management of all hotel operations. He/She will oversee all departments in the food and beverage and rooms division, assisting department managers and staff in each of these departments, strategically planning, and efficiently resolving issues.
Ensure service to all guests follows established standards, is consistent, efficient and courteous
Assist in developing annual budget and preparation of departmental action plans
Participate in weekly forecasting and scheduling; operations meetings and daily reviews.
Regularly review operating results, guest comments and to take immediate corrective action if required.
Maintain high visibility and positive relationships with associates and guests.
Write and submit objectives to be accomplished for the forthcoming quarter prior to the start of that quarter.
Direct the property operations in General Manager’s absence.
Develop and enact growth and development plans for high potential middle managers within the F&B and Rooms divisions
Ensure that the goal setting and performance evaluation process is implemented and achieved in each department in the F&B and Rooms divisions
Monitor turnover rate and ensure it is at a reasonable level in each department within the F&B and Rooms divisions
Create and maintain a positive culture in each department within the F&B and Rooms divisions
Assist in the resolution of employee issues and concerns in each department within the F&B and Rooms divisions
Recognize talent and utilize this skill while conducting interviews for each position within the F&B and Rooms divisions
Maintain close communications with the General Manager and management team of each department within the F&B and Rooms divisions.
Effectively motivate and develop staff.
Evaluate completed objectives of staff under your direct supervision at the end of each quarter, and develop with department heads objectives for forthcoming quarter.
Ability to review weekly forecast volume in covers
Ability to review scheduled hours in line with volume range
Ability to ensure all overtime is authorized
Ability to decrease or increase staff as required by business levels and budget
Ability to identify and implement better methods for efficiency and reduction of payroll costs
Ability to ensure quality and efficiency of Front Office operations, in particular:
- Guest services
- Reservation efficiency and maximum utilization of guestroom space available
- Attainment of average rate as specified by budget
Ability to ensure the quality and efficiency of Housekeeping function as related to:
- Cleanliness of all guest areas
- Excellence in appearance of all public areas and physical property
Food & Beverage:
Review food costs and waste to ensure that both are minimized as much as possible, in order to maximize revenue
Regularly review and confirm accuracy of Banquet reconciliations
Review missing check report and follow up as applicable
Review and understand resumes for upcoming events
Recognize and track trends and popularity of particular food and beverage items
Compare resumes to production sheets
Compare average checks and develop an effective action plan if average check falls below budget
Develop an effective action plan for missing checks
Monitor to ensure that food production is completed properly:
- All stations are working with production sheets
- Amounts are produced as listed on production sheets and are sufficient for forcasted covers, but not over-produced
- Cooks follow recipes as specified
Monitor portion control and ensure that there is no free pouring of liquor
Ensure quality control of food and beverage through each of the following means:
- Spot checking food quality on the line
- Ensuring that plates meet specifications and pictures
- Confirming portions for size align with those established in menu item recipe
- Confirming that food products meet purchasing specifications
- Monitoring pick-up time for service personnel
- Confirming that all food items in kitchen area are properly stored
- Ensuring that sanitation standards are met in compliance with all Health Codes
- Ensuring that all associates have valid Food Handlers & TIPS certifications (as applicable)
Ensure that the following policies and standards are adhered to:
- Dupe system is strictly followed
- Beverage check redlining standards are followed
- Par stocks maintained in bar
- Inventory is tracked in compliance with current policy
- Bank contract and cash handling policies are adhered to and consistently enforced
Ensure that all banquet protocols meet established specifications including: buffets and coffee breaks set ups, table tops, uniforms, sanitation and cleaning programs
Ensure that each of the established safety standards and policies are adhered to, particularly:
- Key policy (keys are checked in and out properly and never removed from the property)
- Fire Safety (all associates know location of fire extinguishers, doors remain unblocked, fire drills are done regularly, etc.)
- Proper storage of chemicals
- Proper handling of all bodily fluids to avoid blood-borne pathogens
Ensure that the Loss Prevention team is aware of and in compliance with all Omni SOPs regarding the safety and security of guests and associates
Ensure that all accidents and incidents are properly reported and addressed by the Loss Prevention team.
Ensure that all unsafe conditions are documented (as applicable) and resolved immediately
Software Powered by iCIMS