Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city’s longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city’s history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900’s with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of “Hoosier Hospitality” are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all personnel. The Assistant Restaurant Manager is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
· Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
· Supervise and coordinate assigned shift.
· Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager’s job description.
· Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
· Spot check liquor pars.
· Order daily supplies.
· Hold pre-meal meetings.
· Follow up on established training steps.
· Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
· Stay on the floor during peak hours.
· Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
· Observe, teach and correct staff’s service.
· Monitor each guest experience.
· Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
· Maintain condition of restaurant, lobby lounge, Starbucks, Severin bar and room service.
· Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
· Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
· Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
· Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
· Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
· Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
· Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
· 3-5 years of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role preferred.
· Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
· Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
· General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
· Must be Food Handler and CARE certified and be able to obtain a license to serve alcohol in Indiana.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Software Powered by iCIMS