Fort Worth Hotel
As breathtaking as any West Texas sunset, the Omni Fort Worth Hotel offers a taste of Texas hospitality. Conveniently located in the heart of Fort Worth’s exciting downtown, the hotel is adjacent to the Fort Worth Convention Center and within walking distance from the city’s cultural centers, restaurants and nightlife. The Omni Fort Worth Hotel received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award, and was named Top 100 Meeting Hotels in the United States in 2014 by Cvent.
The Omni Fort Worth Hotel offers unique employment experiences revolving around associate engagement and innovation. The invigorating world of hospitality resonates through the walls of our one-of-a-kind convention center property. The Omni Fort Worth will continue to be recognized for exemplary guest service and accommodation. As we provide empowerment through our Power of One culture, we work to strengthen and grow the careers of our dedicated associates. The Omni Fort Worth Hotel is searching for dedicated hospitality professionals with guest service mentality to join our extraordinary team!
The Sous Chef will be responsible for all areas of the kitchens operations in the absence of the Restaurant Chef .He will ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen and consistency in quality of all the food and beverage items prepared in the kitchen . The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in upscale/luxury hotels.
· Should assume the responsibilities of the restaurant Chef in his or her absence
· Monitor daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all Omni quality and consistency Standards.
· Assist restaurant chef in managing associates schedules, training, developing, coaching and counseling, conducting reviews. Also focus on attracting, interviewing, retaining and motivating the associates while providing a safe work environment.
· Making sure that there are daily stand up meetings with the associates and monthly OST conducted.
· Making sure his team’s labor productivity and base line costs are in line with the forecast.
· Assists the restaurant chef in monitoring, analyzing and controling all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met or exceeded while quality is maintained or improved.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of outlets, In room dining, Bar , poolside, seasonal and special menus.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in scheduling of staff according to budget and business forecast.
· Provide kitchen support for banquet functions if needed.
· Oversee proper handling and tracing of buffet food returns at end of meal periods
· Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment and maintains all records.
· Comply with EcoSure & health code standards for sanitation.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in working closely with Engineering Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in esuring all mis en place and bulk prep is maintained and team is ready for success all times.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in ensuring All Assocites are appreciated for their hard work, they have proper tools to work with and they feel confident approaching the chef for any needs .
· Directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products, hygeinc storage practices and cleanliness).
· Assist the Restaurant Chef and Works closely with purchase and maintains par stock for 7 days for all goods required for daily operation and makes sure there is no over/ under stocking.
· Knows restaurant chefs expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
· Provide support and leadership to accomplish our Medallia food quality score goal
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in Effectively investigating reports and follows-up on associate accidents.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints. Along with recovery if needed.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef In Working closely with In room dining and work on daily guest amenities and special amenities as needed as per standard.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement
· Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in communicating performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
· Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
· Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations
· Must have open availability and be flexible to work different shifts and holidays as the departmental needs.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in making sure all standard recipe cards , prep sheets and service guides are regularly updated and maintained
· Assist the Restaurant Chef and Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in making sure all missing punches are fixed before the end of each day.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in making sure team is ready and prepared for success during off shift hours , absence and vacation .
· Making sure there is good inter departmental communication and proper handovers between each shift.
· Assist the Restaurant Chef in making sure that payroll is closed and all records turned in to paymaster on time.
· Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
· Candidate is required to have at least 2 years previous culinary management experience in a high volume, full service Four Diamond Kitchen.
· Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills, Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
· Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
· Busy restaurant experience would be preferred.
· Computer literate and detail orientated is a must.
· Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
· Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
· College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
· Must be able to work for long periods of time on feet, must be required to lift up to 50 Lbs. Must be able to work under some extreme temperatures.
Software Powered by iCIMS