Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine,authentic guest experiences at over 50 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture,authenticity to the markets in which we operate,innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
This role will be responsible for assisting with and managing all aspects of Human Resources, to include labor relations, recruitment, benefits, training, associate relations, safety & Worker’s Compensation as well as liability prevention and legal compliance.
• Manage and train hourly and management Human Resources team members.
• Provide counsel to the DHR in all areas of Omni policy, culture and leadership.
• Implement training and development programs. Recommend new programs based on need.
• Conduct investigations and assist the DHR and senior leadership in making employment status decisions.
• Assist the DHR in the creation of responses to employment litigation from Federal and State offices.
• Fulfill all the responsibilities of the Director of HR in their absence, communicating effectively with property leadership as necessary
• Provide guidance and advice to department heads and leaders at all levels of the hotel on employee relations issues. Ensure our leadership team upholds Omni culture and complies with the law.
• Conduct Union Prevention training and ensure the Union Avoidance plan is administered according to Omni standards.
• Union Hotels: maintain an effective working relationship with the union based on mutual respect of applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements “CBA”.
• Union Hotels: ensure Omni leaders are educated on the particulars of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for their areas.
• Union Hotels: handle union issues including grievances, mediations and arbitrations.
• Assist the Director of Human Resources in developing and maintaining an active “Succession Plan” for all departments of the hotel.
• Ensures all Omni Benefits programs are implemented according to standards..
• Ensure on-boarding of new associates is implemented according to Omni standards.
• Ensure employee terminations are implemented according to Omni standards.
• Maintain legal compliance at all times. Ensure that team is up-to-date with evolving legislation and compliance.
• Maintain all Associate Service Center Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure the Associate Services complies with Internal Audit requirements.
• Ensure the department meets the standards of the HR Assessment.
• Implement the Hotel's associate feedback programs. Implement the Associate Engagement survey and assist the hotel in creating substantial action plans that move the Hotel forward.
• Ensure all Omni Training Programs are implemented successfully.
• Ensure the hotel complies with all training required by law (ex: TIPS, Food Handler, Sexual Harassment) etc.
• Ensure the associate files are maintained in a neat and organized manner.
• Plan and execute exciting, fun and interesting associate events at least quarterly.
• Implement Omni’s recognition programs. Ensure the Omni Service Champion culture is celebrated.
• Implement the Hotel’s wage and salary adjustment programs ensuring accurate market data to drive compensation programs.
• Implement the performance appraisal and salary increase programs according to Omni standards. Establish aggressive and effective recruiting and employment function to include job fairs in and around the community, colleges, universities, etc. Utilize monthly forecasting tool to ensure all departmental manpower needs are met.
• Consistently works to define Omni culture and Six Pillar philosophy on the property. Reflects and adapts to varying situations based on adherence to Omni culture and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Develop a consistent and lively associate communications network within the hotel, via bulletin boards (electronic or otherwise), department communication boards, posters and flyers.
• Responsible for clear and accurate documentation of all associate issues, on a timely basis following counseling and disciplinary procedures. Ensure legal liability of the company is protected at all times.
• Monitor departmental expense in compliance with check-book accounting process. Work closely to ensure associate relations and recruitment/advertising expenses are in line with monthly budget.
• Participate in yearly budgeting process, forecasting expenditures for associate relations with DHR.
• Fulfill reasonable requests of management as directed by DHR, GM or Managing Director
• Conduct exit interviews for all terminating associates and ensure final clearance and pay check distribution.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Human Resources Management to include training, benefits management, employee relations and recruitment in accordance with hotel standards.
• Must have significant employee relations experience at a decision-making level, including experience conducting investigations, managing the coaching and counseling and handling grievances.
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
• Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, ability to coach, counsel, advise, mentor and motivate associates and managers at all levels.
Software Powered by iCIMS