The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is “opportunity”.
To be responsible for the performance of the Rooms Division which covers the Front Office, Guest Services, Valet Parking, Garage, Housekeeping and Loss Prevention.
• Quality and efficiency of Front Office operation, in particular:
1. guest services
2. reservation efficiency and maximum utilization of guestroom space available
3. attainment of average rate as specified by budget
4. payroll control within budgeted limits and in accordance with variance of occupancy levels.
• Responsible for the quality and efficiency of Housekeeping as related to: cleanliness of all guest areas; payroll and supply control in accordance with budget and varying levels of business; excellence in appearance of all public areas and physical property.
• Close communications with the General Manager and other department heads. Recommends programs for the motivation and development of staff. Assistance in developing annual budget and preparation of action plans.
• Participate in weekly forecasting and scheduling; daily reviews, operating results and take immediate corrective action if required. Maintains high visibility with associates and guests.
• First of each quarter submit objectives to be accomplished for the forthcoming quarter.
• At the end of each quarter, evaluate completed objectives of staff under your direct supervision and develop with department heads objectives for forthcoming quarter.
• Directs the property operations in General Manager’s absence.
• Position requires a minimum of five years progressive experience in Rooms Management. Must have experience in all areas of the Rooms function, with previous leadership positions in both Front Office and Housekeeping. Must have experience in an upscale full service hotel, preferably in a high volume convention hotel.
• College degree preferred.
• Mastery level understanding of forecasting, scheduling, payroll, associate relation matters, service recovery, budgeting, managing inventories, cost control, daily reviews and analysis of operating results required.
• Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff. Ability to effectively mentor key leadership positions, to include department heads and assistant managers.
• Developed computer proficiencies, with a strong working knowledge of Excel and Micros, OPERA and Epitome experience is a plus.
• Able to set priorities for the Rooms leadership team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on all assigned items, including guest requests and questions.
• Ability to work well under pressure, think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
• Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail
• Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
• The ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time. The ability to lift up to 40 pounds and push/pull/carry up to 50 pounds.
• The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Software Powered by iCIMS