The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is “opportunity”.
Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
• Solicitation of direct-selling in the Catering market
• Event planning and detailing for booked events
• Maximize Catering revenues wherever possible and minimize erosion of check averages from price-sensitive groups.
• Communication of function-arrangements to all responsible hotel departments.
• Communication with clients prior to events to initiate, negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions.
• Creation of profitable menus and distribution of client expectations to Food & Beverage Departments.
• Coordinate Catering support services (flowers, entertainment, decoration, A/V, etc.) to provide complete client satisfaction.
• Physically double-check all function arrangements against specifications of client. Correct where necessary.
• Ensure proactive client contact and effective communication to ensure repeat bookings.
• Update and increase client prospects through active prospecting
• Maximize revenues for the hotel through up-selling techniques.
• Service, as directed, some group bookings, including detailing resume and banquet event orders
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Catering and Conference Services
• Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Banquet Manager to ensure a high level of comfort with Banquet/Catering operations.
• Prospect and establish an expanding base of accounts.
• Ensure proper communication to all departments.
• Effectively coordinate efforts between Sales and Food & Beverage management.
• Establishes and maintains rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel and its guests through the Convention Services Department.
• Responsible for achieving budgeted food & beverage revenues through proper meeting space allocation and maximization, establishing and enforcing food & beverage minimums, encouraging upselling to influence the average check, and approving space releases
• Achieve monthly (personal) catering booking goals and proactively solicit accounts within assigned market segment.
• Promote high visibility of hotel through active involvement in city activities, industry associations and trade shows.
• Ensure a challenging and exciting environment to encourage full career development and personal growth.
• Support and promote all Corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Omni Hotels & Resorts and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of each program.
• Enjoy the Hospitality business; be able to effectively communicate expectations to the team while creating a challenging but fun work environment.
• Command of the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
• Bachelor's or equivalent experience. Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
• Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
• Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
• Account Planning Skills. Identifying and understanding account potential and the ability to set mutual Omni / Customer expectations
• Management of the customer decision and relationship process.
• Ability to communicate issues and concerns at all level of the organization.
• Ability to direct and lead activities through internal and external resources.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Ability to scan and assess the competitive arena as it relates to region and segment to refine / improve customer value proposition.
• Creative and strategic skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize when necessary,
• Delegation of tasks to maximize efficiency
• Financial analysis skills. Ties strategies and planned actions and results.
• Communication skills including presentations, written and oral.
• Team management skills including participation, engages in difficult issues, and effectively influences non-direct reports.
• Ability to work independently without supervision
• Strong understanding and expertise in the sales and food and beverage arena.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
• Attend sales and banquet meetings.
• Understand and create upsell opportunities for banquets and catering.
• Service sales groups as directed by the Director
• Work with f&b team on creating timely, on trend seasonal menus
• Participate in lobby duty and MOD programs as necessary
• Manage FDC and average checks/menu updates
• Provide assistance and coverage when needed during large events
• Actively step-in to provide coverage in the even of turnover
Software Powered by iCIMS