Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is seeking a Fixed Asset Accounting Manager at our Corporate Office in Dallas. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the fixed asset and project accounting processes, including fixed asset policies and reporting. The position is responsible for developing, interpreting, and applying the Company’s fixed asset policies and providing support to the company’s tax departments.
• Researches, develops, and implements fixed asset policies and guidance in conjunction with the Company’s tax departments.
• Assures adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies (GAAP).
• Reconciles the fixed asset sub ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger and perform month end closing procedures.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for fixed asset related analysis and inquiries.
• Responsible for the accounting for acquired assets and dispositions.
• Calculates depreciation for all fixed assets.
• Reviews and updates the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
• Assist Company’s capital project department to track the compilation of project costs into the fixed asset accounts.
• Prepares audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
• Special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related discipline
• 3+ years of experience managing fixed assets
• Hospitality experience a plus
• Extensive experience with Oracle Fixed Assets and General Ledger
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, including advanced functions
Software Powered by iCIMS