Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
The Resort Activities and Events Director will be responsible for organizing, planning and overseeing the execution of events, activities and programs resort-wide. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: Family activities, year round special events, theme weekends, seasonal festival and celebrations, resort sponsored promotions, après ski parties, downhill races and winter programs at the Alpine and Nordic ski areas, culinary events and holiday activities. This position will also oversee the Adventure Desk Manager, Activities staff and the Kids Club Program while working closely with the Sales, Marketing, and all hotel departments to promote and implement all events and activities. This position requires attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a flexible schedule.
• Coordinates all special events and activities with direct report and works closely with Director of Ski Operations on all winter programming.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of summer and winter events, theme weekends and social activities programs.
• Assists with the development of innovative programs/activities, coordinates and implements activities for special events, social programs, and corporate groups.
• Maintains communications with all departments throughout the resort regarding special events, working closely with the Sales, Banquet and Set-up departments to ensure smooth, properly scheduled events.
• Assists in coordinating lectures, artists, entertainment, performers and other necessary contractual services for activities and special events.
• Handles all phone calls and inquiries from guests in relation to special events.
• Works closely with the Executive Team and the Marketing Department for planning, marketing and promoting all activities and special events, flyers, signage and posters.
• Initiates and completes mailings for event information, promotion and registration.
• Responsible for generating Banquet Event Orders, spec sheets, agendas, check requests, special lodging requests and all other necessary paperwork for activities and special events.
• Maintains files for each special event, including lectures, artists, entertainers, etc.
• Maintains an inventory of props, supplies, signage, and equipment used for activities and special events resort-wide.
• Evaluates and summarizes each special event and follows up with the appropriate executives in a timely and accurate manner.
• Conducts historical hotel tours for social guests, school groups and bus tours.
• Works in all areas of the Activities Department as needed.
• Attends all activities and events meetings.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assists in organizing, implementing and leading social activities during all seasons, including tournaments, games, crafts, sporting events, hikes, and other recreational activities for all ages.
• Acts as the Group Activity Coordinator with Sales and Conference Service Managers
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
• Oversees the Activity Concierge Desk
• Oversees the Central Amenity Reservation Program
• Oversee the Social Events Coordinator and the Ski Area Events Coordinator
• Works to create relationships with outside vendors such as our Equestrian Program, Resort Tennis Pro, the Appalachian Mountain Club, Dog Sledding, etc.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS