The Retail Buyer will merchandise the Omni Hotel & Resorts retail locations with an opportunistic approach while maximizing opportunities through skillful inventory management. Individual should have solid financial skills, be decisive, have a good sense of urgency, and thrive in an ever changing environment. This position will produce sales growth and exceed financial objectives through creative and trending product assortment.
• Merchandising/Buying, assorting appropriately by market while having a consistent message that is in line with the Omni brand and its customer’s values.
• Develop and maintain monthly property Merchandising Plans (Sales, Receipts, On Order, Markdowns, etc)
• Regularly reviewing key performance indicators to maximize category performance.
• Managing plans for stock levels, reorders and markdowns.
• Developing and managing a dialogue with each properties manager/supervisors to gain product feedback to ensure that product supply meets demand.
• Maintaining relationships with existing vendors and sourcing new suppliers for future products; negotiating terms.
• Develop both short and long term strategies and execute effectively for each category managed
• Attend various markets and vendor presentations to select and assemble new collections of products.
• Individual should have good people and communication skills and a passion for retail, a high energy level, flexible, resilient, and positive.
• Candidate must have minimum of 3-5 years of previous buying experience.
• Up to date on trends
• Strategic Financial & Product Planning
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Customer Focus
• Conflict Management
• Written Communications
• Travel to include buying trips, and quarterly site visits.
• Approx 30% Travel.
Software Powered by iCIMS