Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
The Assistant Buyer will partner with the Retail Buyers to strategically build product assortments. The Assistant Buyer will also support growing the Retail business and work in a way that aligns with the company’s Retail strategic goals.
• Assist Retail Buyers in developing product assortment and writing Purchase Orders
• Assist Retail Buyers with vendor meeting preparation
• Assist Retail Buyers with vendor support and overall communication
• Facilitate vendor and item set-up in the Retail Purchasing System
• Ensure that products are categorized and coded correctly to ensure consistency in Retail Purchasing System
• Support Retail Buyers with Retail day-to-day operations with order entry, receiving issues, invoicing issues and pricing changes.
• Assist Retail Buyers in collection of trend data
• Work with Retail Buyers to manage inventory and identify risks in assortment
• Assist in monthly selling reports to recap selling trends by vendor & location
• Assist Retail Buyers with replenishment orders.
• Expedite purchase orders and monitor receiving of inventory.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business or related field preferred
• At least one year of Brand/Retail experience preferred
• Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop/maintain good communication skills
• Understanding of Open to Buy
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Possesses an understanding of the target customer, supplier base and competitors
• Able to work in fast paced environment, multi-task, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Experience with Financial Reporting including retail math with product planning, sales margins, and inventory turn calculations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, strong Excel experience a plus
Software Powered by iCIMS